Thursday, November 13, 2014

Blog #3: Discoveries at the Museum of the Moving Image

Being a native of Astoria, New York my entire life, this definitely was not the first time I had been to the Museum of the Moving Image. Since I also could not make it to the actual trip during Dean's Hours, I sacrificed my usual Friday night escapades with my friends to go to the museum and finish my assignment. On the plus side, I was able to get into the museum for free and knew exactly which exhibit I wanted to talk about for this blog assignment.

I was always fascinated by the events of World War II growing up. It is probably the most well-known war across the world for obvious reasons. That is why I chose the Eyemo as part of my blog assignment. It is one of my favorite parts of the exhibits at the MOMI, and it just happened to fit in with the description of the requirements of the assignment. What astounds me about the Eyemo is it was responsible for capturing nearly 90% of what was going on during World War II. Since technology was not as advanced back in the 1940s, it amazes me that this camera was able to capture the horrors of the war for so long. The Eyemo went on to be used by NBC for their news segments. It closely resembles the camera that we saw in class a few weeks ago, where the young woman came and gave us a tutorial on how to properly use and load the camera. It was very fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment